VACCELERATE is a clinical research network coordinating and constructing COVID-19 vaccine trials. It gathers 29 partners from several European countries and is funded by the Horizon 2020 research and innovation funding programme.
- Platform building – by providing a central platform serving as single entry-point in vaccine development
- Capacity mapping – in order to build and expand a network of capable clinical trial sites and laboratories, which will be prepared to kick-start high quality phase 2 & 3 COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials
- Capacity building – aiming to ensure high quality data output for phase 2 & 3 vaccine trials
- Volunteer registry – providing access to clinical trial participants through providing a registry for individuals volunteering to participate in phase 2 & 3 COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials
- Laboratory access – providing access to laboratory sites with comprehensive, standardized set of methods in Europe
- Solutions for vaccine development – speeding up vaccine development by providing access to harmonised data, protocols and assays, which will serve as blueprints for future pandemic preparedness.
- Phase 2 and 3 clinical trials – answering public health questions on COVID-19 vaccines which might not be addressed by vaccine developers, or in specific and as of yet under-represented populations and target groups.
VACCELERATE is running from January 28, 2021 until January 27, 2024, and is led by University Hospital Cologne, Germany.
For more information, visit VACCELERATE’s website: